Thursday, June 08, 2006

Really????

Is Blogger really up and running again?

Quick...I'll try to post some photos!!!

WOW! It worked!!! Here are photos taken last Saturday of the Green Market at Piedmont Park in Atlanta. In the photo at right and below, Craig is buying me some blueberries for my yogurt and granola breakfasts. YUMMMM! He is the guy in the green shorts and tan shirt.




The Green Market is so much fun because there are so many people there with their kids in strollers and doggies on leashes. Everyone is friendly, laid back, and just enjoying the weather and fresh produce.









My favorite "summer Saturday" in Atlanta includes spending time checking out the produce for sale at the Green Market (and hopefully buying at least a small bouquet of fresh flowers for our dining table) and then walking on over to Metro Fresh to pick up some yummy soup and perhaps a salad for our lunch. The Green Market is held in Piedmont Park, about 2 blocks from our condo, and Metrofresh is located on the other side of the park and just south a bit. So we walk from the Green Market through the park and over to Metro Fresh. As you can see, last Saturday was a lovely day in the park, with lots of walkers, joggers, rollerbladers, dog walkers, soccer players, bikers, etc.

Well, I knew it was too good to be true! I had wanted to post a few more pics, but I am being denied! I will try another post!

It is Thursday June 8th and I have totalled 14,319 steps today! WooHoo! My friend Molly and I had lunch "on the Square" in Gainesville today (celebrating our May birthdays) and I parked a good bit away and walked to "2 Dog" where we were dining. The main reason I parked far away is because at noon there is very little parking on or near the Gainesville Square. Normally I am not too happy about that, but today it didn't matter, because I could accumulate more steps! Barker and I walked our normal walk early this morning. This was the first time we have had the chance to do that since my pedometer arrived, and I was overjoyed to see that we logged almost 9,000 steps just on that walk! WooHoo!!!

No comments: