Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Calm before the Celebration

I've spent the day frantically trying to catch up and also get way Jose!!! I don't know about you, but when I have a lot to do, I often wake up at about 4:00 AM (3:45 to be exact) and can't go back to sleep, so I begin planning my day! I did that this morning....and then fell back to sleep at about 5:00 and had a difficult time getting up at 7:00. Ye Gads!!! Barker had an appointment with a new groomer...he got razor burned badly from his old groomer last month, so we were trying somebody new. What do you think:

I think he looks rather cute. She had put one of those ridiculous bows in his topknot, which made him look like a real sissy, so I clipped that sucker out almost immediately. He still smells of foo-foo water, but that will go away in due time. Going to the groomers must be exhausting for our canine friends....Barker sleeps the rest of the day when he gets home!

Here is a pretty Nandina that I snapped out in my garden yesterday afternoon as I was gathering greenery to bring inside. We are supposed to have heavy rains beginning tonight and lasting for several days, so I got busy and did some clipping early. All of the greens are now soaking in buckets of water in the garage. I will bring them in tomorrow and arrange them around the house. I think I'm getting into the spirit....AT LAST!!!

Remember the gulls I told you about that are here to graze on the Red Finned Shad? Well, here is a picture of them swarming around on the lake yesterday. They are still here, and don't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. I counted 22 Buffleheads this morning, about 15 Canada Geese, 3 Hooded Merganzers, 2 Great Blue Herons, and a slew of Mallards. Lovely!!!

And of course, I always try to squeeze in a bit of time for dyeing and sewing. I'm on a turquoise kick right now...turq and gold to be exact. Here is a piece of silk twill that I've been playing around with:

This is the closeup:

I wrapped gifts, made coffee breads and then cut out and baked cookies this afternoon. Kristin and Dave and their dog Marley are coming up tomorrow afternoon and we will decorate cookies, amongst other things. I am excited at the prospects of seeing them!!

Enjoy your days, peacefully!


Anonymous said...

It sounds like a little slice of paradise out there. We are having unusually mild weather here which is great if it's not a sign of global warming.
What kind of dyes do you use? I've used Procion MX and on silk I paint with Dupont silk paints.
I couldn't find your email address so I'll reply to your question on my blog here. My b'day is June 15 and I'd hate to say how many years ago that event occurred! Lol.

Gerrie said...

You are making me feel lazy! I spent the day running around doing errands, wrapping gifts, babysitting M & M - we made gifts for their parents and Aunt Lisa, made soup for family supper and crashed last night. Lisa was supposed to arrive at 8:20 this morning. She missed her flight. Now we don't know when she will get on a flight - accck!

Rayna said...

Hey, Judy! I'm finally catching up with your blog, your adventures in Atlanta, that wonderful Habitat house, etc. Your Christmas breads look like artwork, and I love the turq. and gold silk you're playig with. I just bought a bolt of silk and haven't had time to unwrap it yet.

Wishing you, Craig, and your family a wonderful Christmas and New Year.