Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

My Dad, Richard Chester "Dick" Hill:

Born July 12, 1913, Died October 26th 1986

He was the best! You always knew where you stood with Dick Hill...he called it as he saw it. I wasn't always pleased with his decisions, but we could always discuss things. He was a great hugger, and I always knew that I was loved!

We've had a very nice evening of dinner and conversation with Kristin and Dave...a welcomed respite from my Mom's sickbed. She is not doing well, and I am not optimistic as to her recovery. I know she is in loving and capable hands at the medical center, but it was difficult to leave her. I now pray for peace for her and for those she loves. She has had a long and wonderful life.

PEACE!!!

3 comments:

Eva Hagbjärn said...

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mom's condition. As you said, she’s in good hands at the medical center, so there’s nothing more that you can do.

Now I know who you resemble. Nice picture of your Dad.
We don't celebrate Father's Day until the 11th of November! It's always the second Sunday in November here in Sweden =)
Have a peaceful day!
XO Eva

Anonymous said...

I agree with Eva. You look like your Dad! I am saying a prayer for your mom and the family.

Barbara said...

Judy, I'm so sorry that your Mom isn't doing so well. I will be thinking of you and keeping you and your Mom in my prayers.

Peace!