Monday, September 24, 2007

Dinner on the Docks

There is so much to do in our little town of Gainesville, Georgia! Between theater, symphony, high school sports, the Nature Science Center, church activities, art at the Quinlan Art Center and at both Brenau University and Gainesville State College, and the lake (Lanier), one could be busy every minute for the rest of one's life, if one so chose!! Saturday night was the Lake Lanier Rowing Club's Taste of Gainesville on the Docks. The docks are the site of the 1996 Olympics Rowing Venue, and we are so fortunate to have them! Our friend Jay is president of the rowing club, so he reserved 4 tables for those in our church who wanted to sit together. We have such fun with this crowd!!! Restaurants from all around the area came and served bites of food off of their menus........mighty tasty, indeed. It was a BYOB affair, a sport in which Episcopalians excel!

As you can see, it was a beautiful evening:


I took this picture just looking down our table, at the hundreds of folks there to enjoy the food and fellowship:
There's Jay on the left, enjoying a joke with Sandra, and Ron, our church Youth Director Extraordinaire on the right. He is such a character and so terrific with our young adults.


Each reserved table comes equipped with a lovely mosaic candle holder (and candle) and a flower arrangement. Isn't ours gorgeous!! (There's Durwood peaking through the lilies!)


I have a great love of sunflowers and was intrigued by this arrangement across the way:


There was live music and a beautiful moon rising over the lake:



One last shot of the moon over the little tower where they called the rowing events (I'm sure there's a name for it, but I'm not a rower, so I don't know it).


I'm leaving tomorrow to take five days of Rozome Classes at ProChem with Betsy Sterling Benjamin. I can hardly wait!!!! I'm planning to take both my laptop and my camera (and my cable AND extra batteries), so I hope to share some of the week with you guys.

Until then..........

PEACE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you will have a nice time!

xo

Jane LaFazio said...

how beautiful! what a wonderful evening.