Tuesday, January 15, 2008

janfemton

OUCH!!! Last night I decided that I was just fine thank you very much, and I no longer needed to take my Mucinex-D, so I omitted it and toddled happily off to bed: only to awake with the WORST headache I have ever had in my entire life! To top it all off, it was 30 outside, with a breeze, so the windchill was an ungodly 17....and it was my morning to walk Barker on the golf course AND I was scheduled to have my Mom at the eye Dr's at 10:10. Oh Lord!!

Barker and I survived the walk (he loved it) and as soon as we returned and I had had some breakfast I took my beloved Mucinex-D and got on with the morning. My headache subsided and all went well: Mom and I even had lunch out without a major attack of Pancreatitis on her part!

The sinus pressure returned this evening, but here is the solution:



my handy little buddy, my Neti Pot! Isn't she the cutest?!!! You simply dissolve a 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt in warm water in her little chamber and then irrigate your nasal sinuses. It is so much more gentle and earth-friendly than the plastic, non-recyclable contraption that I unfortunatley purchased out of desperation at the pharmacy last week. I found my little Neti at Whole Foods, but I'm sure you can locate one elsewhere or on line.

Twila, I hope you are feeling better........and don't forget to get yourself a Neti Pot!!

Thanks for all of your comments and very helpful suggestions on Preserve and Protect! I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond, and you know it was funny, but I began to think that it was the background that was bothering me, or perhaps the addition of the pebbles on the lake floor. I tinkered around with some solutions this afternoon and hope to have some samples to show you in the next few days. You guys are the greatest! Thank you!!

PEACE

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Neti pots seem to be the thing these days. I'll get one when I get my next cold, hopefully after our trip and not during. Knock on wood. Glad to hear you are recovering and that your headache didn't ruin your day.