Saturday, January 26, 2008

Wild N Crazy Daze

I have no pictures to share, but suffice it to say, that we have lived life to the fullest over the past couple of days! Yesterday afternoon our Silk Painters of Atlanta group met at Chastain Art Center. I just love being with that group of talented ladies. You can see pictures here. On my way back to the condo, I stopped by Fiber On A Whim, had a nice chat with Kristin, and bought a few things.........I could have bought out the store had I won the lottery! They have such wonderful things!!!!! Last night, we got together with friends and had a marvelous dinner at Ecco, just a short walk from our condo, and then we went on down to the fabulous Fox to see The Drowsy Chaperone: a great, great show! After the show, we walked on back to the condo, stopping at Chocolate Pink to enjoy coffee and dessert.




This morning we walked Barker and then enjoyed a lovely breakfast at the Highland Bakery with K & D. We did our usual round of shopping in Midtown: Trader Joes, MetroFresh, and the Cathedral of St Philip Thrift Store, where I scored a few lovely old wool sweaters (more on those later in the week!). Got a call that my Mom had fallen yesterday and was having x-rays on her knee this morning, so we went on home to see what was happening. Fortunately, all is well and she is just bruised. We ordered all of our appliances for the new kitchen later this afternoon.........such a relief to have those decisions made! It's good to be home, although I'm missing the city life tonight.




PEACE




5 comments:

Carol said...

Dear Queen of Sinusitis, I hope you really are feeling better now. I've clicked on everything, looked at where you eat (can Barker go to cafes with you?) and I'm very jealous if that is your new fridge. The Silk Painters of Atlanta do beautiful work, and I know you do too. Such a talented bunch, you silk painters and dyers. Big hug for Barker.
Carol xx

Gerrie said...

Are you sure you want that fridge. It looks just like the one I have that I hate and am relegating to the garage!! Those French doors and that bottom pull out shelf that requires both doors to be open drive me nuts!!

Ours is an Amana and a lot of the plastic parts have broken on the exterior doors as well as in the interior.

Eva Hagbjärn said...

Wow, what a big fridge! It’s looking very nice and avant-garde.
I’m not jealous, as Carol =), because I prefer a fridge with a “cooler” and a detached deep-freezer box.

Sorry to hear about your Mom, hope she’s ok.

What a lovely weekend you have had, except for your mother’s mishap.

Lots of kramar (hugs) to you ALL!

Joyce said...

Your life is so different from mine out here in the frozen North. Lol. Our big entertainment this weekend was going for supper with our kids at our son's place. There were 15 of us there and the noise level when we all get together is amazing. Everyone talks at once. Lol. So much fun, but very different.

Barbara said...

Happy to hear you are feeling better and having some fun for yourself. That fridge looks cool. I have a bottom freezer and it took some time to get used to but I like it now. Can't wait to hear more about your new kitchen.

Peace!