Sunday, August 03, 2008

Well, I'll be!

when I checked my emails after arriving home on Friday, there was one from Blogger telling me that I was locked out because I might be a robot I apologize for the delay, but my hands were tied, so to speak!

We arrived home from our fabulous vacation on Thursday night, amidst thunderstorms at the Atlanta airport. Now, that was a lot of fun! Flights were delayed, our bags were delayed and then when we finally got to our stop on MARTA, Atlanta's rapid transit, the elevator that we took stopped midway between two floors and we were held captive for about 30 midnight, with FIVE other upset and anxious fellow passengers! What a way to end an otherwise idyllic vacation! The good news is we are safe and sound, and now have a lovely story to tell!

I'm going to show you just a few more of my favorite pics from the past you can stop now if you've seen enough already!

Here's a view from the lake of the elegant old Lake Quinault Lodge. Isn't she great!

It rained all day on our last day at the lodge, but then it began to clear just before our dinner reservation. We were seated at a lovely table right at the windows, and this was our view overlooking the grounds and the lake.

You can see the mist clearing over the trees across the lake.

I enjoyed a scallop and shrimp dinner with acorn squash that evening. It was divine!

C had his favorite: crab cakes, and he said that they were right up there with 'the best I've ever had'.

The next morning, we packed up and drove to Tacoma. As you may know, we love baseball, and since the Mariners were out of town, we had tickets to see the Tacoma Rainiers, a minor league team. I sometimes think I enjoy the minors more than the majors! Here is lovely Cheney Field:

It was a great night for baseball, with temps in the mid your heart out Atlanta! I even had to wear my fleece!!!

While Gerrie and I were together in Coupeville, we exchanged a few gifts. I am now the proud owner of

I was so smitten with this little art quilt the minute that I saw it on Gerrie's post! Needless to say, I am thrilled to be its new 'owner'.......but this birdy has such an attitude that I don't believe she is really owned by anyone! LOL

Gerrie also gave me these lovely magnets, which were created using designs by her artist daughter, Lisa:

I have learned over the years that I cannot be an automobile passenger for long without falling asleep no matter how fabulous the scenery or scintillating the conversation. So, I bring along a little hand work to keep me awake. First I finished these socks:

They will be a nice addition to my winter wardrobe!

Next I got busy on this wonderful shawl:

It is knit with Hand Maiden's 100% Silk Rumple yarn. It is called the Bias Shawl and the pattern was supplied by Hand Maiden. I think I am slowly working my way up to a real lacey shawl! YUMMMM!

While visiting the wonderful shops in Port Townsend, I found this lovely abalone shawl pin.

I think it works rather well with my new shawl, don't you?



Karoda said...

what a fun filled and scenic vacation you had! and to meet gerrie to boot...i love it!

Gerrie said...

Oh, I love that pin with the shawl - that is a keeper. I don't know why, but I can't knit in the summer. But your summe knitting is very summery and maybe that is my problem!!

Jeannie said...

The pin is beautiful and I love the colors of the shawl. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in my home state and the Lodge is so beautiful. I am so envious of your quilt from Gerrie. I agree, that little birdie probably isn't owned by anyone! Cheers.

Carol said...

Welcome back, I missed you. I love Gerrie's art quilt and can understand why you are so thrilled with it. Pin, shawl and socks are very nice. Maybe I should take a photo of my huge shawl, though it's so big I'm not sure how I'd do it. I do like that lacy look you've achieved. Now you can settle back at home and get working again. How was Barker? xxoo