Sunday, July 03, 2011

On AutoPilot with CW Wiggles


The day dawned......and it was GOOD!  We had escaped home and depression last night and headed to Atlanta and our little condo.  It was perfect for me.  I don't think it's escaping, it's more about seeing the bigger picture.  Mom would of course want me to move on, and I just couldn't do that at home.

Today is our daughter and son-in-law's seventh wedding anniversary.  Months ago we had offered to keep their/our dear sweet little Charlie so that they could celebrate.  The offer was still on.  They felt that they would be disrespectful to my Mom to celebrate.  I said "Baloney".  After some discussion they let me have my way.  And so they went zip-lining and gave me some precious time with our grandson - a wonderful diversion from where I'd recently been.  

Charlie is 7 months old - did I tell you that already???? - and he is a wiggler!  
Oh yes indeed!!!  He is into everything!!  


He is an affable little guy, and so much fun to be with and watch.  It's a challenge to me to just sit quietly and watch what my little grandson does.  It's so much fun to see what he sees...what is intriguing in the eyes of a 7 month old?

We were instructed that he would grow weary in the early afternoon, but I doubted it.  "Oh yea of little faith!!!!  Not more than 15 minutes after the projected hour, "CW Wiggles" had had enough.  We read a couple of Shel Silversteen poems, and then he bid me a fond adieu.  He was out like a light!


Our daughter, CW's Mama, never napped like this, as I recall.  Maybe it's the grandparent thing, I don't know.  Anyway, I had ample time to knit, check emails, talk to friends on my cell, and even snack....and then my little cherub awoke:


Don't you wish you awoke so happily from a nap??? 

Thanks so much for all of your kind words over the last few days.  You guys are tops!  Mom's Memorial Service is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, and I welcome your warm and good thoughts then.  In my heart I know that it was 'her time', but I still miss her and know that Tuesday will be a challenge.

PEACE


6 comments:

Gerrie said...

Thanks for Charlie in my favorite color photos! What a precious guy!

Jeannie said...

Charlie, you need to come visit me and teach me how to nap! Your smile makes me smile. Take good care of your Mimi, okay? Hugs.

Terry Grant said...

Sleeping baby photos make me melt--such sweetness! He is beautiful.

Eva Hagbjärn said...

Your comment today makes me very emotional/sentimental for many reasons.
Wish I could be there for, and with you on Tuesday afternoon.
I also wish I would be able to put my 'wild flower bouquet' on your mother's coffin.
Know that I'm with you on Tuesday!

KRAM Eva

Carol said...

I'll be thinking of you this afternoon, and many other times over the next few days.
What lovely photos of Charlie, and such an infectious grin. Nice to see the two Cs together. xxoo

Beverly said...

Charlie is getting more and more adorable, and I can't think of a better person for you to spend time with now. Give him lots of love and hugs (not that I'd have to tell you that!)- I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and the rest of the week.