Thursday, February 02, 2012

A Fish Story


My friend Dee invited me to take a fish cooking class
at the Viking store with her.
I love fish and have never felt very confident
in my preparation of it.
So, why not?
We had a great time!

Above you can see a lovely Red Snapper
which we stuffed with herbs,
salt, pepper and lemons.

It was then encrusted with a salt and egg white mixture
and baked FAST!

This is Sandra, our instructor,
checking the internal temp of the salt-encrusted snapper.
It was done to a turn
and very delicious!


(To serve the Snapper, you crack the hardened salt shell,
remove it, remove the skin, head & tail of the fish,
and carefully scoop out the lovely fish.)
It was so moist and flavorful.

We also grilled Ahi Tuna on rosemary skewers.


I am used to having C do the grilling - outdoors -
but I purchased one of these stovetop grills pans
and may begin doing this indoors from time to time.

Of course we got to eat what we prepared!
YUMMM!
Below you can see smoked salmon 
served two different ways
plus the Ahi Tuna.


Everything was delicious.
I had no particular favorite
 and hope to prepare them all at home.

We also prepared Potato and Chive-Crusted Cod,
and Prosciutto-Wrapped Grouper Stuffed
with Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
Dee and I don't eat meat, so our Grouper
was wrapped with Radicchio.
It was terrific.


Dee in the class kitchen.

peace

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hmmm, I am not a big fish person, (from the land of salmon that is heresy!)but, you make it sound tasty. I am glad you got to have fun with Dee and learn something new to boot!

Rayna said...

Ok, I am starving after having read this blog post.
I love to stuff fish with lemon and herbs and bake it for a very short time Lovely!

Eva Hagbjärn said...

Looks fun and tasty. Thanks for the clips on YT.
Didn't know that you don't eat meat! How come?

KRAM

Beverly said...

All I can say is Yum!! I've yet to meet a fish I didn't want to eat! :)

Gerrie said...

I love fish - we have it a couple of times a week. I have had a stove top grill pan for quite a while and I love it for all sorts of things. It is reversible so I use it for pancakes, too.