Friday, May 25, 2012

Blue Hawaii


I was asked to design a silk scarf
for a 70th birthday gift.
The celebration will be held on Maui,
so I thought that a tropical theme would be in order.
I'm calling this piece 'Blue Hawaii'.


I used silk charmeuse, which you as you know
is as soft as butter, and has a lovely sheen.
It also drapes beautifully.


The process included three applications of dye,
with intermediate applications of resist.
I'm pleased with the outcome.


This is my 1201st post!!  WooHoo!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Have a safe and wonderful (Memorial Day - if you're in the States) weekend!

peace




6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Judy, the scarf is gorgeous!!! I am sure both parties will be over the moon with delight. Have a wonderful weekend with your special guy. ( 1201 posts is a lot of inspiration and creating! Thanks for always being a bright spot in my day.) xo

Gerrie said...

Beautiful!

Beverly said...

Beautiful, I'm sure the intended recipient will love it.

Eva Hagbjärn said...

Lovely blue color on the scarf.

Have a wonderful day!

KRAM

Angela said...

I want one!!lol. of course I love it.

Carol said...

Really beautiful!