Tuesday, July 17, 2012

an obsession with leaves


I'm still puttering around with my leaf stamp,
sewing leaf images to bits of previously stamped,
painted & dyed fabric.
The piece above was first altered in a class
I think I carved my very first stamps with Rayna.
(By the way, she is coming to Georgia next April!
Stay tuned for more info on that.)
So, anyway, the outlined leaf needed a boost on this fabric,
so this morning I colored it in with a mixture of several 
Caran D'Ache watersoluble pastels.
I like using these little crayons.
When you wet the area you've colored,
the crayon just sort of melts into the surface of the fabric.
Very nice!

Here's another:


I'm plugging away on the blue & orange piece -
quite methodically.
That said, the week's schedule has changed,
and I'm running short on time.  EEEEK!
So, perhaps the quilting will be finished next week?
Thankfully, there is no deadline!

peace


No comments: