So this is the silk bundle
that I opened this afternoon.
You can see the silk ribbon (that I used for wrapping)
hanging down just right of center.
As I recall, I was in a hurry three weeks ago
when I prepared this bundle.
Charlie & his folks were about to arrive for the weekend,
and I was in the midst of preparing
many dishes for my husband's birthday celebration.
I wrapped the above silk around a fallen tree branch that I found in the yard,
sandwiching in a few Nandina leaves
that were scattered on the pool patio.
The dye bath consisted of
an avocado seed,
corn shucks and silks,
(the dregs from salad preps)
I was hoping for some serendipity.
Lesson learned: think, don't hope!
I've had some great results
very early on in this eco dyeing/printing experience,
so I can't be too disappointed in this little bump in the road.
There are some good marks:
and the silk ribbon dyed well:
I may do some ruching with the ribbon,
or I may overdye this piece of silk.
Nevertheless, it was a good experience,
and a valuable lesson learned.
Tomorrow I'm heading to this little guy's house to spend a few days.
Charlie's styling with his new backpack -
ready to go to camp!
We all will be leaving in a couple of weeks,
spending our vacation on Squam Lake,
just kickin' back and listenin' to the loons.
More about that later!