Saturday, June 22, 2013

Knitting Today


I love to knit!
I'm becoming a bit more adventurous,
and when I saw Nancy Bush's
Stones & Stripes Shawl
in the most recent Booklyn Tweed LookBook,
well, I just had to have it!

I'm using Brooklyn Tweed's lovely Loft yarn
in the Foothills color way -
it's more of a sage than it appears 
here on my monitor.

The pattern has lots of nupps,
which I'd never knit before,
and a bit of lace,
just to keep me on my toes.

Above is my gauge swatch -
and I'm right on target to get started.

Also on my needles are 
a sweater for Charlie
and a Christmas present for ?????!

Happy Saturday!

peace

3 comments:

Carol said...

Wow! To a non-knitter like me this looks very adventurous but I know you'll pull it off with aplomb, Judy. xox

Jeannie said...

Echoing Carol's comment, and I knit!!! I have never grasped the graph reading for knitting. I will sit and translate the pattern back to words. Now I see that there are patterns that do away with the grids and are just drawings! I wonder if there is an app for that? LOL!

Maggi said...

Lovely flecks of colour in it. The pattern looks like it's going to need some concentration.