Thursday, November 14, 2013

High Hopes


My plan was to show you my completed 
final two pieces for my show
on today's blog post.
However, I became so involved in the
finishing touches of the second piece
that it still is not done!
The good news is
that I have time.
I hope to finish a bit more of it tomorrow,
but after that I will be waiting on a few
last minute 'brainstorm' pieces to arrive in the mail.

While I walked the boys this morning,
I thought long and hard about how I wanted this piece
to appear when finished -
the message I was hoping to convey.
(I do my best thinking while exercising!)
So it all came together out there on the golf course,
and I got busy as soon as I had eaten breakfast.

I carved this stamp


and then I stamped it on some of the remaining
cloth/paper.
Then I cut out the stamped pieces so that they looked
light and feathery


that took a while,
but you know, 
when you have a plan,
it is worth taking the time to execute it properly.

As I was cutting the feathers,
I thought about how I would apply them,
and it seemed that a crocheted chain 
was the answer


I hadn't crocheted in about 40 years,
but it came back immediately.
I lucked out and just happened to have
some silver embroidery floss
in my stash.

Now it is dark outside,
but the piece is nearly finished.....
more tomorrow, I hope!

thanks for stopping by!

Peace to you and yours!




3 comments:

Gerrie said...

Oh, Judy, I do love that feather. Wish I could carve like that. This will be a beautiful piece.

Jeannie said...

Wow!!! Just WOW!!! The feather stamp is gorgeous and the stamped feather is so, well, feathery! LOL! I just love how beautifully your stamped turned out. I'll patiently wait for the reveal - ha!

Carol said...

Such a beautiful stamp, Judy! Another talent! I'm champing at the bit to find out what you're going to do with your feathers and crotched chain