Saturday, August 02, 2014

Summer Knits & Sews


judyinthedyes "Whimsy"

I've had the most fun ever thread painting my snow-dyed table runner!
I decided it needed to be named "whimsy", because the flowers are just that: whimsical.
Since the backside is just white, 
You can see a bit more of my thread painting here:

judyinthedyes "whimsy"


Here is a shot of almost all of "Whimsy", but it is a long one, so without the aid of a step ladder, I couldn't shoot it all!
(ok, I've tried to fix this font, but it's not behaving!!!
I think it thinks it's a caption, and there's no changing its mind!)



and, at the risk of boring you all, here are a few more shots:


I'm not good at getting these pics collaged, and I'm too lazy to go back into my phone and do it, so please ignore these if they are bothersome to you!
 



In case you can't tell, I am in love with how this turned out.  I learned a LOT and can't wait to tackle the next one!











I've also finished a smallish art quilt, "Stage Two", which deals with my cancer journey over the past year.  This is one small segment of it:


Once I get the facing sewn on, I will show more images.

And, of course, I've been knitting!  I listen to several knitting podcasts, including "Knitting Pipeline" by Paula Emons-Fuessle.  Paula designed the Magic Cake Ruffle Shawl a while back, and I became intrigued by it, so decided to knit it.  Here is my Magic Cake before I began:



and here's how my shawl is looking now:


I'm almost to my last color, and then I will begin the ruffle.  So, I should be done soon!

I'm also knitting the Tan House Brook Shawl,
designed by Jennifer Lassonde, 
Here's how mine is coming along:


I'm knitting this out of Schoppel's Crazy Zauberball,
which is a real kick!
I love the color changes, and as you can see,
this should go well with both jeans and a nice dress-up black.

July was a busy month for us.
We celebrated C's birthday - almost continuously,
but in great detail over the third weekend,
eating any and everything, and everywhere he desired.
It was a lot of fun, I've got to admit!
……and here is how my July looks in photos:


Thanks so much for stopping by.
If you like, please leave a comment….
I love hearing from each and everyone of you!

Have a super weekend!

Peace to you and yours!









4 comments:

deanna7trees said...

always love seeing what you are doing...so many pretty images. love how that magic cake shawl is turning out. have a great week.

Jeannie said...

Whimsy is so very pretty! I like the back as well as the front. You could use the back side when you have an afternoon tea. I know, I have them often, too. ;) The shawls!!! Oh my gosh they are beautiful. I had looked at the magic cake shawl last winter, but the ruffles scared me. Now I am rethinking them. I am squinting at the computer trying to see more of stage 2. It looks beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend!

Carol said...

What a feast for the eyes, Judy! You could never bore me with your photos. Love everything but can't comment much as iPad will not let me say more than a few words. Grrrrrr....

Maggi said...

So many inspiring pieces.