Sunday, July 26, 2015

Day Four

So here's how today's dyeing began:


My result from Day 3 in the dye studio:


I rather like it, don't you??
Can you tell me which dyes I used?
Hint: there are three hues.

While I was photographing this piece out on our patio,
I heard a little bird flutter by.
Then I heard it sing.
It's song has been haunting me for over a month now,
and I just couldn't recognize it.
I had listened to many bird songs on my Sibley app,
but none seemed to ring true.
Anyway, here is the little birdie, she even posed for a picture:


it is a Song Sparrow.....of course!
Such a sweet, sweet song!
How do you like the sign on my gate??
A gift from our daughter many, many years ago.

.......and my block for the day:


I had a blissful hour out in my kayak early this morning.
The beavers didn't come out to play,
but a Kingfisher and a Cormorant did, as well as a few slider turtles.




I don't think I ever shared with you how adorable the sweater for
"CB3", our soon-to-be-born grandchild, turned out:


here's a detail shot of the great buttons:


If you are interested in any of the details about this sweater,
you can find them here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace to you and yours.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous little sweater for the new babe. I love the color. Speaking of which, your ice dyeing is fantastic! Aren't kingfishers the cutest things? I love to watch them, but they are so good at hiding. Love the sign. :) Have a fabulous week!

Maggi said...

That first photo looks like an exotic sponge growing in the ocean. Love the results. The sweater is so lovely. Surely something is due to happen soon now?