Sunday, August 23, 2015

Day 29: A gift of silk!


We've been away for a family gathering,
but now that we're home again, it's time to get back to work!


My dyeing has proven to be a challenge of late!
I attempted to do a bit of shibori before we left on Thursday,
but my results were less than stellar.
So, I overdyed that piece of cotton this morning.
This beaker works great to submerge pvc pipe!
But my results are still pitiful:


I may cut off the two lower segments and use them in Maggie's quilt,
and then overdye the rest.....
or maybe I'll just overdye it all!
I do like this little bit of detail:


When we arrived home last evening,
there was a gift in the mail from my friend Kathy Champley,
who used to live near us but moved to Seattle years ago.
It's a beautiful silk kimono!
Look at this:


the embroidery is exquisite, and the weave of the silk is breathtaking







I don't think Kathy reads my blog,
but in case she does, I want to thank her publicly.
What an awesome gift, huh???
I feel so fortunate to have such great friends!

Thanks for stopping by!

Peace to you and yours!






No comments: