Friday, November 06, 2015

Day 90.....not my usual sewing


I spent the afternoon having a sewing lesson....
on two sweaters that I finished knitting last Spring.
Above is my Garter Rib Pullover
which I began knitting last January.
I love the yarn - it is so soft -
and I can't wait to wear it once the weather gets cooler.
So Claudia, the owner of Yarn Rhapsody,
our wonderful local yarn shop,
helped me sew up the sleeve and side seams.
I also brought along my Fisherman's Daughter sweater,
which needs side seams and sleeves sewn up
(sounds like a theme, doesn't it?),
and Claudia helped me tackle that one too.
It's a great feeling to have gained this knowledge,
and now I hope I can quickly put it to good use,
and finish both sweaters....
along with several more that are waiting in the wings.

I also got two fat quarters of fabrics dyed for Maggie's quilt:


the one on the left is Dharma's Citrus Yellow,
while the one on the right is Pro Chem's Sun Yellow.
I think both will add a bit of zip to the side strips on the quilt.

hope you have a great weekend

thanks for stopping by

peace!

2 comments:

Cate Rose said...

What a fab sweater! Wear it in good health. xoxo

Maggi said...

Sounds like you're getting the skills together to finish these in time for winter. Lovely.