Sunday, October 16, 2016

The Week That Was


It's been an eventful and fun fiber week.  I learned the Honeycomb weave structure in my class at UNG.  Here's a sample:



I love adding the metallic threads, and I find the varying weights of yarns to be a great textural addition.

Here at home, I've just begun weaving a new bag using this fabulous yarn that was given to me!


It's a very sturdy wool which has lots of great slubs in it.  I finished weaving these dishtowels, and they are all hemmed and ready to be given as Christmas gifts.


On the knitting front, I finished knitting my first Smooth Operator Sock, and cast on for my second.  I love the yarn!



This is my go to night time knitting when I'm too tired to concentrate on anything else.

I am plugging along on the Cableship Socks for the Knitpurlhunter October KAL.  It is time to turn the heel, but I haven't found a long enough block of time to devote to it.  We are doing the German Short Row Heel, which is all new to me, but doesn't appear to be too difficult, with Michelle's fabulous video tutorials.


And last but certainly not least is my Scoreboard Cowl:


It appears scrunched up in the top of the photo because I've got my needles pulled together rather tightly.  Georgia Tech had a great win yesterday over Georgia Southern, so there'll be lots more grey to knit in the coming week.  I need to get busy on these two KALs!

Our weather has been spectacular, although we are in the midst of a drought.  I had a wonderful paddle in my kayak the other day.  The leaves are just beginning to change:



Thanks for stopping by!








No comments: