Friday, February 24, 2006

2nd Genesis

This afternoon I attended the first meeting of a new silk painting group in Atlanta. It was a very informative session, and there was an interesting mix of folks there. The group was small, but I think it will grow in time. Gail Racy demonstrated a manner in which to mount and frame silk paintings. She is a very accomplished Chinese Brush artist and was in the class I took with Susan Moyer last Fall. Gail teaches at the Chastain Art Center and I feel honored to count her as one of my friends. Martha Andreatos (http://www.silkartanddesign.com/) organized the meeting, and is responsible for getting the group together. She is a very talented silk painter, and another good friend. Rhea Metcalf (www.gallery77.com), a terrific watercolor artist and quilter went with me to the meeting, and we also met Habiba Sulayman, who dyes fabrics and works as a costume designer. She brought along a most amazing jacket, which she had constructed out of fabric that she had dyed. Like an idiot, I brought my camera along but forgot to take pictures!!! Duhhhhhh.

This morning we had a lovely walk with Barker in Piedmont Park. Believe it or not, there were many spring flowering shrubs and trees in bloom, and daffodils. This time, I had left my camera at the condo, so another photo op was missed!

We are back home tonight and I have been busily working on those placemats for John and Troy, plus a couple of other projects. I promise some photos tomorrow!

Nighty night!

No comments: