Thursday, April 13, 2006

Christmas in April?

My husband is such a kidder....whenever a package comes for me he says something cute like, "Oh boy, it must be Christmas AGAIN!" It's always so much fun getting packages in the mail, and today's was no exception!


This little darling is titled "Stamped" and she was made by Carol Taylor for the Second International Invitational Miniature Art Textile Exhibition held in Dallas, which was curated by Joanie San Chirico. Carol Taylor taught at our local guild in January and I was fortunate enough to be there for both her lecture and class. I learned an incredible amount and am so thrilled to have her art quilt be the first in what I hope will become a collection for me. If I could figure out how to do closeups, you could see all of the detail and stitching in this little beauty. Thank you, Carol for being such an inspiration!

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

Don't you just love these little gems from the famous among us