Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Day, My Dog, and My Drink of Choice

I have had a truly wonderful day, in spite of the fact that there was no, nada, nihil dyeing done and very little in the way of quilting accomplished! We spent the night in Atlanta last night because we went to the Braves/Marlins game (Braves pulled it out in the bottom of the 11th inning...go Braves!!! WooHoo!), and we enjoyed a lovely, lovely walk through Piedmont Park with Barker this morning. It is unseasonably cool here (Gerrie is getting all of the warm weather in Portland!) but I still managed to coax myself into a pair of shorts and a long-sleeved tee for the park trek. The squirrels were all out there to taunt Barker, but he did his level best to behave.

After breakfast we walked up to the High Museum and had practically a private showing of the Chuck Close exhibit, and then a very leisurely and blissful walk-through of the Gee's Bend Quilts. This was our second time to view the latter, so it was like icing on the cake!! I had an opportunity to really enjoy my favorites, and study others that hadn't totally caught my eye the first time through. Craig bought me "Art Quilts, A Celebration" in the gift shop, and that has just about consumed me for the remainder of the day!

As I write this, I am being eyed by:


You may notice the cute little feather roguishly attached to Barker's collar. That is his reward for having chased, but not eaten, the Canada Geese through our backyard and back into the lake! There are three couples with babies (let me see, that makes 21 geese all totalled I think) who are now pooping in our yard! We love to watch the geese and their goslings, but let me tell you, the poop is another story! So everytime Barker chases the geese back into the lake, he gets a feather...hopefully he will have a full headress in a matter of a few short days!!!

Which brings me to my drink of choice. I am by no means a "goody-two-shoes", but I thought I would share my favorite post prandial beverage with you. While in Tuscany a couple of years ago, I fell in love with the steamed milk that is on the top of I guess it must be cappuchino. I detest coffee, but adore the steamed milk. So my friend Chris at the local coffee shop turned me on to steamed milk with flavorings. (He has since sold his coffee shop and the new owner can't quite manage to make me my steamed milk withoug adding coffee, so I have been forced into making my own at home!) I love this drink: nuke the mug of milk for 2.5 minutes on high and then stir in a dollop or two of the caramel flavoring and you are good to go! YUMMMMMM!


Bon Appetit!

No comments: