Friday, July 28, 2006

Fripp's Fat Fins

Yay!!! I've finally finished "Fripp's Fat Fins"!! I took this picture early this morning before the beading was complete, but you can get an idea of how it turned out. There is now more beading along the bottom, looking like sea grass and shells. I took it with me to our monthly Silk Artists of Atlanta meeting this noon and the group's general consensus was to "leave it alone, don't add another thing"! However, they did suggest that I bring a bit of the seaweed up from the bottom and over the seahorse. I will do that. For now, it is residing at Intown Quilters, as they have asked me to teach it in late August! WooHoo!!



Here are a few closeups of the beaded areas:






I had entirely too much fun doing this, and almost feel like I should be paying somebody for the pleasure....but NO!!! And YES, Diane, you are correct: the beading is ever so addictive!!! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, beading is fun =)

Gerrie said...

Oh, don't get me started. I am thinking that I should do one odf these in silk - so luminous. Congrats on the teaching gig.

Anonymous said...

Love the seahorse and seaweed would also be a fine addition. Would sign up for the class, but...
XXOO