Friday, August 18, 2006

Party Time!


Last night a bunch of us were supposed to be going on a cocktail cruise on the lake. We got a call yesterday morning that the boat was experiencing mechanical problems and so the trip was canceled. So, we moved the party to our house! I had the presence of mind to grab my camera, so here are a few party pics:

Our friends John and Troy brought these fantabulous sunflowers. I just love them! I was trying to find a "vase" stout enough to house them, but alas, there was none to be had, so I grabbed my wonderful old Haws watering can, and it did the trick.

I suppose it would have been only fair had I warned John that I was about to snap his pic!! Doesn't he have the cutest knees!!!

Here are Shiela, Barb, Sue and Bobbie...a bit blurry....could it have been my margarita or theirs????. Sue had on the most incredible top....very beaded and colorful...you go girl!!!!

Here's Shiela, Barb,Sue and Bobbie again. I gave up on the papparazzi job after this foto...aren't you glad? Shiela is my hero....she had just gotten home from having a round of chemo in Atlanta, and still managed to party!!! I'm so impressed!!!

...............................................................................................................

I'm switching gears a bit here. We are off to Hotlanta for the weekend. Yippeeee!!!! The Folk Fest is being held at the North Atlanta Trade Center, and we will be there to check things out. I am very excited! Below is what used to be The Abbey restaurant on Ponce in Midtown, Atlanta. I'm not sure what church it was before it became The Abbey, but we enjoyed several great meals there years ago. Recently, the restaurant had gone out of business and the building was empty. I just love the architecture, and was happy to learn that the site has been purchased by another Atlanta church and will once again be used for worship. Yay!!!!

I think the trees growing up out of the top of the steeple are quite cute...true survivors, that's for sure!!

No comments: