Monday, September 18, 2006

Puttin' On the Peachtree

It was a gorgeous weekend in Atlanta! Yayyyyyy!!!
Yesterday, Barker, C, and I had our usual early morning walk and then two of us settled into some serious reading...one with the Sunday papers and another on the laptop. The third, just wanted to play around...you figure out who's who in this trilogy! (Hint: see below)
On Saturday night, our thermostat decided it would call it quits. Wasn't it thoughtful to wait until the nighttime temps dropped into the 60s, instead of a month earlier when it never got below 80!!! After a late morning trip to Home Depot for a new thermostat, we walked the couple of blocks over to my favorite Utrecht art supply store on Peachtree for some more acrylics. It struck me that so many folks from other parts of the country joke about all of the Peachtree streets that we have in our fair city, so I thought I'd take a picture to show you the one and only Peachtree. I should have snapped more pics as people were everywhere dining outside at the cafes, enjoying the cooler temps.













Here's how two members of our clan spent the morning:


Barker is not the least bit shy when he decides he wants your attention. Those footers are pretty darned big and even though his toenails are filed on the pavement every morning, they are still a bit sharp! So, I generally pay attention when he taps me on the shoulder!

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

Barker is a big dog!! I'm loving that quilt in the background.