Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Art Day

"Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out - it's the grain of sand in your shoe." Robert Service

the above has nothing to do with the below...it simply spoke to me!!!



This afternoon C and I visited one of my very favorite places, the President's Gallery at Gainesville's very own Brenau University.
We are so fortunate to have not only Brenau here in our little town, but also Gainesville State College. The two collaborate on theater and so we are blessed with the Gainesville Theater Alliance, which performs four top productions each year. But I digress! I wanted to get over to Brenau before the present exhibits closed. One is called "Shifting Gears" and it features pieces by award winning young artists with disabilities. I was taken by all of the works, but "The Confusion" a mixed media piece by Jarrett Camp and "Monks Walking" an acrylic on canvas by Alex Iverson really caught my eye.


This is a rendition of Jarrett Camp's piece, which I have swiped off of the internet. You can view it better
here.

Unfortunately, I have a couple of really cool photos of Brenau to show you, but blogger isn't letting me post any photos today. What's up with that???? I guess that's one more vote for Typepad!!! Do you hear me blogger??? I am so sick and tired of this nonsense. But as C says, "you get what you pay for"!

The other exhibit is entitled "ms. booth's garden" and is photographs taken by
Jack Kotz of his grandmother, Myrtle Booth, and people and places in her small town in Mississippi.

Ms. Booth looks like a dear grandmother doesn't she?..... just as sweet as she can be! There was one photo of her crossing a stream in flip-flops!!

So, now it is time to get to work! I have a wall hanging that is calling to me from my sewing room, so I must go!!!

No comments: