Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'm Back

Well, I'm back. While I enjoyed my time away on Typepad, I really don't have the time to make it work the way I had hoped. So, for now, I'm back here on Blogger, and I hope I can make it work more to my liking.

I'll first republish a few pics from my last week's class with
Rayna Gillman. (These first appeared on Typepad, so please excuse me if they are repeats for you.)



Rayna is one of the very best teachers I've ever had, and the class was not only fun but very conducive to learning. The group seemed to bond immediately, although we all came from such varied backgrounds, had such different levels of experience, and all hoped to learn something different. Bless you, Rayna, for being able to suit so many of our needs!

This is my good buddy Mayme Mitcham. Luckily for me, she chose the table next to mine, but poor Mayme had to put up with me all week! She made some wonderful pieces.

This is Belinda, who sat to my left. We also had a great time together. Belinda has so many varied interests, from gardening to graphics, that we never lacked in conversation. I just loved the pieces she created.


And this lovely lady is Rayna's good friend Helene Davis, a very accomplished fabric dyer and fiber artist. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Helene and her husband Bob. He was such a good sport to put up with all of us last week!

"Califoria Girl" Joan made a rather unhappy discovery on Wednesday. She knew that she was allergic to ingesting soy products, but it came as a very bad surprise to her that she could not inhale soy wax fumes either. But Joan was a good sport about it and did her gelatin printing on a picnic table outside on our patio.

Well I guess I've reached my photo limit for today on blogger. I had hoped that I might be able to include a few more photos, but I guess not. We are off to Athens, GA this afternoon to go to a quilt show with C's cousins, and then out to dinner.

2 comments:

Rayna said...

Thanks for the great report and the wonderful pix, Judy. I'll put a link here from my blog. I am cleaning my studio today so I can THINK straight. What a wonderful, sharing, giving group of artists you all are!
x
R.

Anonymous said...

Good thing I decided to check back here....no forwarding address, I was lost! Jeff was in Athens about 2 weeks ago--'lanta, too.
xxoo