Saturday, July 07, 2007

Soy Silk Fusion Anyone?

I spent a terrific afternoon walking five enthusiastic and talented ladies through the steps of Soy Silk Fusion. Like so many others have told me, I learn so much from my students, and I just love that interchange of information. What an interesting group we are this weekend! Today we fused our pieces of soy silk, a byproduct of tofu manufacture, adding a few inclusions here and there, and hung our lovely works of art up to dry. Tomorrow we will construct clutch bags, journal covers, and little card envelopes.
Blogger isn't being too terribly cooperative about ordering my photos this evening, so please bear with me and know that if I had my druthers, these pics would appear in a rather timely order, instead of this mishmash. Oh well.........dear Blogger is free so I cannot complain!
This lovely piece belongs to Tina. She is a great lover of angels, as you can see by the angel wings of rose petals. (Those petals came from my Valentine this year! ;-D)
This is Pat's gorgeous piece:
If you are interested in ordering this one from Joggles, it is called "Entwife". I didn't think I liked it from the photos on Joggles' site, but when Pat began to lay out those fibers, I found a new love!!!
I am not finished with class photos, but as I said, Blogger isn't being too terribly cooperative tonight, so please bear with me. After class, I mosied on upstairs to check out (aka "drool") over Intown Quilters' fabrics. Sarah has an incredible array of batiks available....if you're in the area, be sure to stop in and check them out! I ended up bringing home these babies for some further love and attention:

Aren't they just yummy!!!

Meanwhile, back in class, here are Martha (better shot to follow), Miranda and Robin working away and having a great time:

Here is another shot of Pat, as she is painstakingly laying out her soy silk fibers:

Tina was in my Soy Wax Batik class last weekend, and I couldn't for the life of me get a good pic of her. We laughed about it this afternoon, and that was all it took!


Tina did a beautiful piece, but it is difficult to tell on that checkered table cloth!

And here is Martha, painting on her textile medium. Martha is a very creative quilter. Maybe I can coax her to pose for the camera tomorrow with one of her beautiful quilts!

PEACE



















3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Sigh, I am a lurker. I am also technically challenged, so no blog. I do wish you lived closer so I could take some classes from you!

judyinthedyes said...

Jeannie,
I'm so glad that you drop by to visit. You are welcome anytime! And yes, I wish you lived closer too.

Anonymous said...

But aren't you moving here, where there are no bugs and snakes? : }

Nice work by your students. I am going to take a pass on silk fusion. Nuno is my next activity!