I am supposed to pass this award along to up to five others. It is tough to limit it to five others, as all of you share your knowledge and have been especially kind to me ever since I began this blog a couple of years ago. I've met some really fine folks, and look forward to meeting even more. Some of you don't blog, so it is impossible to pass this award along to you, but ummmm, lemme see now whom shall I give this to?
Barbara from Surfside Serenity (another great blog name), Rayna, my Swedish cousin Eva, Gerrie, and Karen are my choices, although as I've already said, you all deserve this award for your kind, kind words.
Erica, one of my Artful Quilter neighbors and yet another Aussie, has tagged me to do the 7 things meme. Here are the rules:
1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 things about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite bloggers.
5. Send e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged.
So, here goes:
1. I used to like to rise and shine at the break of dawn (or before) but I've become a real sleepyhead lately.
2. I played the cornet and trumpet in the junior high and high school bands. The cornet was a gorgeous old silver instrument with Mother of Pearl inlaid on the finger thingies, but it didn't have a case, so I had to carry it to school in a cloth bookbag: I was mortified!
3. I was editor of my high school yearbook.
4. I spent my high school summers as a Candy Striper and nurse's aid at the Brockton Hospital, in Brockton, MA
5. I own 11 sewing machines.
6. I always wanted to play the piano.
7. My first doll was named Billy, after my "uncle Bill Burnham" who gave her to me.
consider yourself tagged if you want to run with it!!!
I also want to give a quick shout out to my friend Laura, who is a missionary in South Africa. Both C and I adore Laura, and love visiting with her when she is home. Thanks for dropping by Laura! Don't be shy.......you can leave a comment on here, folks are friendly!
I've been working on this post for a couple of days now! Whew: I'm worn out!!! It is snowing here in northeast Georgia this morning......can you believe it?!!!
Enjoy your weekend!