All in all, though, I am very pleased with the outcome of my little art quilt. Thanks to everyone who offered support and comments throughout this long ordeal. Gerrie has been very patient and gentle with suggestions, and yesterday Terry emailed that she thought the curve of the track would be more effective if it was in the shape of an 's' rather than a 'c' (go here for more info on that)......so here you have it:
I affixed the tracks with some hand-dyed perle cotton, hoping to make the tracks appear a bit distressed. I borrowed that technique from Gerrie as well!
Yesterday afternoon was cool and lovely for studio work, so I did some more deconstructed screen printing with my mimosa screen. Rayna suggested that I go over the original pulls with more thickened print paste and dyes, positioning the screens every which way, so I did:
I've gotta admit, that is waaaaay out of my comfort zone, but for some reason, the piece is growing on me.