Monday, August 18, 2008

It's Done

Well, let me amend that: I thought it was done until just a minute ago when I read the guidelines for submission, and now I see that it must be bound, so I'll be taking little miss Losing Track back to the sewing room for one more session!

All in all, though, I am very pleased with the outcome of my little art quilt. Thanks to everyone who offered support and comments throughout this long ordeal. Gerrie has been very patient and gentle with suggestions, and yesterday Terry emailed that she thought the curve of the track would be more effective if it was in the shape of an 's' rather than a 'c' (go here for more info on that)......so here you have it:


I affixed the tracks with some hand-dyed perle cotton, hoping to make the tracks appear a bit distressed. I borrowed that technique from Gerrie as well!

Yesterday afternoon was cool and lovely for studio work, so I did some more deconstructed screen printing with my mimosa screen. Rayna suggested that I go over the original pulls with more thickened print paste and dyes, positioning the screens every which way, so I did:


I've gotta admit, that is waaaaay out of my comfort zone, but for some reason, the piece is growing on me.


PEACE

7 comments:

Gerrie said...

I looked at the piece enlarged and I love the soft edges and the stitching. I agree that the track curve is better as an s shape.

I want to do something creative but I am still chained to my conmputer and I am bleary eyed!!

Joyce said...

I have very much enjoyed the progress on this one. The piece on the bottom is gorgeous.

Terry Grant said...

Nice! The quilting looks great, and yes, I do like the curve better. The bottom piece is beautiful!

Barbara said...

Hi Judy! I have to echo what everyone is saying...the 'S' curve is very pleasing to the eye. The work on your mimosa piece is SO cool. I can't wait to see what you will do next.

Peace!

Corryna said...

This is so lovely! I like the photo's on the background and the stripes (stairs?) that goes up to the sky. You are good at this :-).

Fibra Artysta said...

Thank you so much for sticking with it! I received the quilt and its absolutely beautiful!

Well done! :)

Lynn

Carol said...

Yes, I like this VERY much. So interesting to watch its transformation. XXOO