Friday, September 26, 2008

Breaking Traditions Art Quilt Exhibit

Many of you followed and supported my labor as I gave birth to "Losing Track" earlier this year. It was a labor of love, since it went to a very good cause: the "With One Voice" exhibit at the 2008 American Sewing Expo in Novi, MN and ultimately all funds raised are going to the American Cancer Society. Lynn, the brains behind this exhibit, reports that we raised $1,085! WooHoo!!!

"This year 93 artists from across the United States, Israel, and Canada gave voice to all the good that is present in the world. From the next door neighbor who helped to shovel your walk, to the organizations built solely on the purpose of serving those in need, to famous individuals using their influence to do good."



Here is our one voice:



and here is my "Losing Track"........can you pick her out above???


It was worth all the blood, sweat and tears after all!!



PEACE, HOPE, CHANGE: OBAMA!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Wonderful display and "Losing Track" definitely holds her own in good company. Well done on the money raising. I'm barely getting to my computer because my son and I are packing up my unit to get it ready for sale. Email coming soon. I also have shingles which is really making me feel less than cheerful. What a time to get it. XXOO