Monday, November 24, 2008

Rainy Day Monday

We always spend Thanksgiving with C's cousins Heather and Scott, and it is a lovely day filled with loads of friends and traditions that have developed over the years. I have always loved cheesecake and used to make many different ones, back in my baking and entertaining days. This yummy Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake is the only one that I continue to bake...but only for Thanksgiving at Heather and Scott's!!

I like to make it a few days ahead, cool it completely after baking, and then pop it in the freezer. We have about an hours drive on Turkey Day, so I remove it from the freezer just before we leave and it defrosts just enough to be cuttable when it's time for dessert.

Here's the batter:

and here's the finished product:


It's been a very productive day, but I don't want to share too much with you just yet. Here is a piece that is exciting me:

When Dr Sock came over to tutor me in microwave yarn dyeing, we had thought that we would also dye some silk fusion, silk tops and hankies. Well, we never got to the silks, but I did pull out this piece that I had dyed a couple of years ago. Dr Sock admired it and we both thought that it would look great mounted on a piece of black fabric. Then I decided it needed some beads............so I'm working on that, but not 100% of the time!

Hope you've had a great and productive day too!


PEACE!!!

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

I was going to make pumpkin cheesecake, but Steph talked me out of it. We will have pumpkin and pecan pies instead.

Joyce said...

You can't lose with bright against black. Looks great so far.

Barbara said...

Judy that cheescake looks delicious! Your soy silk fusion is stunning. It practically jumps off the computer screen. Can't wait to see the beeds. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Peace!