Saturday, November 29, 2008

Things for which I am thankful


I am thankful for so very much in this charmed life that I live, but I'll mention just a few here:

The wonderful family that I married into! Their constant giving, and not necessarily of material gifts, but their support, love, encouragement, and caring.

My ever constant and loving husband of 38 years and my awesome daughter and son-in-law.

Speaking of families: our extended Georgia family, which has shared their Thanksgiving with us for the past 30 years. Here is just a portion of the beautiful table which Heather and Scott had prepared for us this year:




Heather is 4th from left: one of the wisest, most caring and fun-loving women I have ever met!

She opened their home to 25 folks this year, many who had no local family with whom to share the holiday. It was an eclectic and fun crowd! Our Kristin and Dave are in the center of the picture below.......a little blurry, but what did you expect after running a half marathon in the morning and having already shared Thanksgiving dinner with Dave's side of the family!

Scott, our most generous host, is on the left, Catherine next, and Anna and her adorable son Roman behind Ben, Roman's Daddy, is barely visible behind Rene's shoulder.

I am thankful that Barack Obama has won the Presidential election and will take office in January! With his wisdom and guidance, WE CAN, YES WE CAN!!!


I am also thankful for all of you, who take the time out of your busy days to read and leave comments here. I've grown to know so many of you over the past couple of years, and that is a great gift for which I thank you. I know that there are others who read and don't yet leave comments, but I have faith that you will soon overcome your shyness and introduce yourselves!

Another thing for which I am thankful this year, is Georgia Tech's awesome football victory over the University of Georgia! It's been a long seven years since they pulled that off last!


Go Jackets!!!



PEACE

4 comments:

Corryna said...

What a happy family photo's. In the Netherlands we do not have Thanksgiving, but I hope we will have a family gathering like you with Christmas.

Eva Hagbjärn said...

Yes, there's a lot in life to be thankful for.

Kram Eva

Carol said...

There's so much to be thankful for : family, old friends, new friends (like you), health, living in a wonderful country, the environment (to be cared for), the hope Obama brings to us all ... that's just a few things. Aren't we lucky? XO

Margarita Korioth said...

I'm thankful that our paths crossed.I'm looking forward to share and learn more with you.
a peruvian hug,
Marga