Monday, February 16, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Friends of ours just had their first baby, a little girl, and I wanted to dye something for her as a gift. Dharma had lots to offer and I couldn't decide on just one thing, so I ended up batiking and dyeing all three of these:

Our church's preschool is also having a silent auction fundraiser in the not too distant future, and I like to give them a little something, so I dyed another set, but in a larger size, for them. Here's a closeup view of the adorable little hat:


I always like to have some handwork to keep me busy in the evenings. Knitting is a recent obsession, but since C gifted me with the Alabama Stitch Book at Christmas, I've been having fun with a lot of reverse applique. This is a dish towel that I made from two recycled tees that I picked up for 99 cents each at the thrift store:




YES WE CAN!!!


8 comments:

Gerrie said...

What a lucky baby. If I have another grand baby, I must remember this.

Eva said...

Cute! And I like the reverse applique. Have you seen the things from Guatemala in this technique?

imquilternity said...

Adorable! I love the soft pink color you achieved.

Jeannie said...

That baby will be styling now! It is so cute. The towels are beautiful. I still haven't placed my order for the book yet - must do! Have a great day.

Elizabeth said...

Oh how cute is this????? I am sure that it will become a family treasure!!!
hugs!
elizabeth

Rayna said...

If I ever have a granddaughter I may just follow your lead. CUTE!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable outfit and pretty color pink!

Eva Hagbjärn said...

How cute this little baby girl will look in these adorable baby clothes.

Kram Eva