I decided that the white was waaaay too white, the red was too brown, and the background needed more yellow, so I've attempted to correct all three:
'My' fabric is now on the bottom (I apologize for changing the order!), and 'their' (the RR fabric) is on top. I'm liking mine better, but still not enough. I have yet to wash it out since applying the thickened red dyes, so I suspect that that will become less intense and perhaps more like the top fabric. We shall see. I don't want the two pieces to be identical, but just coordinating. What do you think?
My Art Quilt Explorations class with Jane LaFazio is going along splendidly and I just love it! This week we are exploring painting techniques, in which we first began with a photo of an animal. Jane had used her kitty cat Buddy, and of course you know that there was no question that I would opt for my beloved Barker Baby!
Here he is semi painted:
I got busy this morning, sandwiching him and then putting him under the needle of the sewing machine.
Here's a detail shot of my boy:
This is a great class!
We went to see the Oscar nominated Shorts, Live Action this evening.......great bunch. My favorite was the Irish, but they were all great! I'll be interested to see which one wins.
YES WE CAN!!!