Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BUMMER!

I have a gazillion beautiful pictures to show you tonight, from another wonderful day of Shibori at the Barn with Jan Myers-Newbury......but Blogger is being very uncooperative, so I guess you will just have to wait another day? I am very tired, having awakened at 5:45 this morning, eagerly anticipating another day in class. Jan went around the classroom this morning, and had each one of us shared our plan for our quilt, in order for us to narrow down the manner in which we would be doing our shibori, and also decide on our color palette. It was so helpful to me, and also gave each of us the opportunity to really admire our classmates' pieces............after all, there are 21 of us! We spent the afternoon and early evening clamping, wrapping, twisting, stitching, stirring, rinsing, washing, drying, ironing, and hanging our lovely pieces. It's truly a labor of love, this Shibori.
So, I'm outta here for tonight, but please come back tomorrow if you want to see some yummy dye works!

PEACE

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

I'll have the popcorn ready tomorrow night for the slide show! I do hope you are having a wonderful time and becoming energized creatively. Have fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thats what I thought. Nevermind reality. Lets just say a prayer and plant a flower in front of every foreclosed home. Thats all we need in this world. A little faith and joy. That will fix everything. Obviously, all of these executives, politicians, lobbyists, bankers, and celebrities dumbing us down and ripping us off havn't seen that glorious smile yet. Oh. I'm sorry. did I say celebrities? How silly of me. They don't want all of our money. They only want to save the world. Surely, thats what Oprah had in mind when she endorsed Countrywide (subprime loans), or Citibank (10 pages of fine print), or Visa (another 10 pages), Pfizer (just got busted again for illegal marketing), Merck (Vioxx), or all those other Fortune 500 companies ripping us off. She wasn't trying to get richer (but she did). She was just trying to save the world. Thats why she had all those mansions built. She needs all that space to raise her giant family. Um. I mean orphans. Uh. Well,I'm sure she needs all that space for something noble. Its not greed or anything like that. Not America's favorite FAKE humanitarian. Oh. I'm sorry. Did I say fake? Not like the cosmetic procedures that she has had and promoted for her ignorant fans. Oh. I'm sorry. Did I say ignorant? I meant wise and responsible. Afterall, they pay their bills, stay out of credit card debt, and stay reasonably healthy and fit for the good of their families. They don't sit on the couch and get fat like their hero. Oh. I'm sorry. Did I say fat? I meant fit and beautiful. Like all the celebrities made out to be gods on the Oprah Winfrey show. The same ones we worship and fantacize about. The same ones that we admire and love more than our own friends and families. Of course, they are gods. Of course, they are angels. Of course, ordinary people just can't measure up. Of course, we are lucky to have Oprah. Afterall, she inspires us. She keeps us grounded. She has set such a great example. Nevermind that dirty old bag lady Mother Teresa who died 11 years ago. What was her problem? Couldn't she at least put on something nice and do something with that knappy hair? Uggh. What a loser. I'm glad she is dead. The world is so much better off without her. Oprah is the real angel. The real humanitarian. The real everything. Now, we have something to smile about. Peace and joy!