Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sick As A Dog


This handsome young man had us up and wide awake by 4:00 AM yesterday.

He desperately wanted 'out', but then when out, that didn't seem to satisfy. So, in he'd saunter (it was about 40 F outside) but as soon as he was in again, he'd want out. We finally got up, took him on a short walk, and then C trundled him off to our loving Vet. He stayed all day under observation, and then after two IVs, he was discharged to home on a very strict diet. So two weeks of an upset tummy may finally have come to an end. I sure hope so!

I spent a good bit of the day with my Mom. She was having two of our good friends, Bobbie and Jill, in for lunch, and then I stayed while her physical therapist put her through her paces.

After picking up Barker at the Vet's and taking him on another short golf course walk, I squeezed in just enough art to keep me sane. Here are four pieces done on card stock with acrylics:




I like to cut them up and use them as cards.......and it's a good way to play with color and free up my emotions.

PEACE

9 comments:

Eva said...

These cards are beautiful! So dynamic. I love No.2 most. Hope your Barker will soon be okay.

Eva Hagbjärn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eva Hagbjärn said...

I hope Barker will get well soon!!!
I like both card # 3 and 4. It's really my colors ;-)
Kram

Gerrie said...

So hope that Barker is all better. Love the acrylic paintings. I am trying to come up with a Christmas card idea besides Scooter in a Santa hat.

Diana Parkes said...

Cards are lovely Judy. Hope Barker is well on the way to being okay again.

Jeannie said...

Sending hugs to Barker and wishing him a speedy recovery. Don't you wish he could talk sometimes? The cards a beautiful. Have a great weekend.

Elizabeth said...

poor Barker!! poorYou!!!
I hope that things have been figured out and are getting better!! Thanks for visiting my blog!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

Amanda said...

Barker , please feel better! But keep waking your people up at 4 am , just to keep them on their toes.

Amanda said...

Barker , please feel better! But keep waking your people up at 4 am , just to keep them on their toes.