Saturday, March 20, 2010

Finally!


Spring is FINALLY here! Can you believe it? I'm thrilled to see the winter of 2010 behind us!

And of course, just in time, I've finished knitting black and gray sock #1, which is 75% Superwash Wool and 25% Nylon (Poem Sock Yarn). Hopefully I will complete its companion long before I need to wear the pair!



I knit this sock also from the toe up, which has become my favorite method of sock knitting. The top of the foot is simply a K4P4 for 4 rows, then a P4K4 for another 4 rows, alternating thusly until the heel is reached. I ribbed the leg K4P4 and then added a garter stitch at the top, completing it with Elizabeth Zimmerman's cast-off.






As you can see from this last photo, the sock looks far better on than off!





Hope you had a most enjoyable first day of Spring!

PEACE


3 comments:

Eva said...

Did you do this little needlepoint cushion?

Rayna said...

socks?? who needs socks in the warm weather?? Nevertheless, these are very charming. Enjoy your Spring!! Here the trees are still completely bare - not a green bud anywhere. But it's warm enough for shirtsleeves unless you are a person who is ALWAYS cold.

P.S. -- my word verification was briss. They spelled it wrong - it should be bris.

Anonymous said...

Cute sock! So how many stitches do you cast on for the top and is it the same number for the bottom, or do you have a method for doing both at the same time?
xxoo
Carol (SIL)