Thursday, September 09, 2010

Floor Show


While I was working away out in the studio this morning, I realized that the floor is quite a work of art!  So I snapped a few photos to share with you.

This first one looks like some sort of monster trying to gobble up another spot on the floor.



I love this one, especially with the little scrap of dental floss trailing off of the edge.  I had spilled a good bit of salt on the floor, and it was having fun sucking up lots of bits of dropped dye.


These next two are very sublime.





This was a nasty splat.


Some wonderfully rusted rebar that I found in my neighbors trash pile at the curb.  Such potential!


Two more lovelies:




and we can't finish this post without a peek at my lovely studio shoes: my beloved Merrells!  They are so very comfy on these concrete floors....and as you can see, they've experienced their fair share of spills too!



and the front footers of my beloved Barker:



and how does your studio floor look?  I'm thankful that I don't have to be neat where I play!

PEACE

7 comments:

Gerrie said...

You are nuts!! LOL My floor has scraps of fabric because I have been doing my messy work out on the patio!!

Beverly said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one with multicolor dye splotches all over my wet studio floor!

Carol said...

I love Barker's front footers. He looks as if he's been finger painting. Your floor is a work of art. I have trainers that have marbled spattering all over them - I love them. XO

Jeannie said...

That looks like our patio and why I don't do my dyeing indoors. No matter how careful I am, I am a klutz! Love the shoes!

Eva Hagbjärn said...

Nice "spill-pictures"! They are like real paintings.
Make real photos of them and put them on the wall some place ;-)

KRAM Eva

Elizabeth said...

Well I am actually moving tables and chairs and bookshelves in my studio so I ahve actually run the VAC down there- and the vac is still running!!!!
Love BArker Boys feet!!!
Those rusted rebars would make some awesome pole wraped shibori!!!! OH YUMMY!!

Elizabeth said...

Well I am actually moving tables and chairs and bookshelves in my studio so I ahve actually run the VAC down there- and the vac is still running!!!!
Love BArker Boys feet!!!
Those rusted rebars would make some awesome pole wraped shibori!!!! OH YUMMY!!