Friday, December 17, 2010

Finally: Charlie's Wallhanging!



It really is square....it just doesn't look it!  After many trials and tribulations (including a big smear of chocolate brown paint as I was screening the little bunny in the middle causing me to have to start all over again!)  it is finally finished and will be delivered tomorrow.  The colors were dictated by the nursery colors, and when this was originally conceived, we didn't know that Charlie would be Charlie!  


I had not intended to do any machine stitching on this, but I like the depth that it added, and once I got going, it was hard to stop!  I love the way the flowers burst open in front of the two bottom bunnies.  


Here are a few detail shots:



all of the bunny eyes are mother of pearl buttons, given to me by Jeannie!  Thanks Jeannie!


The hummers have little gem eyes.  I had thought of beading the red buds, but I thought that might be a little over the top.





This was just too much fun, and I've got to admit that I'm kind of sad that it is now finished!


Tomorrow night we get to babysit.......I'm so excited!!!


PEACE

10 comments:

Eva Hagbjärn said...

Oh what a lovely wallhanging!
Good luck with the baby sitting ;-)
Got your package today, and Anna got hers the day before yesterday =)

KRAM

Eva said...

This is so cute! the bunnies are enchanting, so whimsical; this reminds me of things I had around when I was a kid, and I loved them -- and he will, for sure.

Diana Parkes said...

The guilt looks good Judy. You do realise that you will now have to do one for each future grandchild!

Carol said...

The quilt is gorgeous, Judy, I'm sure this will become something Charlie loves for ever. It just exudes your great love.

Jeannie said...

Judy, the wall hanging is beautiful! Charlie will love gazing at it from his crib. I love the hummer. Have fun tomorrow night!

Beverly said...

I just love it, elegant and simple- youthful without being babyish!

Joyce said...

I love it. It's beautiful and unique. The stitching added just the right touch. It will become a family heirloom for sure.

Angela said...

What a nice grandma you are!!

Karen said...

You get to babysit! Lucky! Mine won't leave Riley alone with anyone yet. The wall hanging is beautiful, and I love the colors. I have just discovered sock animals and spent some time at Target yesterday buying colorful socks to cut up.

Linda’s Textiles said...

This is really beautiful and very individual Judy - congrats on the arrival of your new grandbaby, Charlie!