Saturday, January 15, 2011

WIPS


A work in progress: a silk scarf dyed, oatmeal applied & dried, dye paste applied.  Now it is batching.




Here's another and how it appeared after the oatmeal had dried on the silk and before the dye paste was applied.  I've not done this added layering before, so I'll be eager to see the results.


As we walked Barker through our little Midtown neighborhood this morning, a car slowed at one of the intersections, as the driver was obviously lost and looking for street names.  Both C and I noticed her license plate: "IM4GNS".  I try not to write about politics on this blog, and I promise not to rant, but I must ask: why in the world would anyone be 4GNS?  I've never been for them, wish that they were not legal, and especially after last week's horrific tragedy: I just don't get it. If you are in fact 4GNS, could you please leave a comment explaining why.  
I simply don't get it!


On a much more pleasant note, we enjoyed a lovely breakfast this morning at Home Grown with Charlie and his folks.  As you can clearly see, he was an absolute angel!




PEACE

8 comments:

Joyce said...

I am completely baffled by the idea that more guns make for a safer environment. I do have friends who are really into guns though so I try not to argue too much about it. Don't want to get shot at. Lol.

Gerrie said...

A friend posted a weird pro gun thing on FB. I was appalled. Like you, I don't get it.

Beverly said...

I don't get it either, so I'm no help there.

Jeannie said...

Members of my family would like the vanity plate. I don't get it. I grew up with hunters, and I learned to shoot. I still don't want a gun in my home or in my neighborhood. On a brighter note, every morning as I eat my oatmeal, I think of you.;) Charlie is soooo adorable.

Carol said...

Charlie is gorgeous, your oatmeal experiments are fascinating, and like you I don't get it either. Here in Australia we had a gun moratorium a few years ago (after a massacre) and thousands of guns were voluntarily handed in and destroyed. I suppose many weren't and many of those were legally owned, but I think it is agreed here that it was a good move. There are still diehards of course, and always will be, but we certainly don't have the gun culture that you have in the States. I've never seen a license plate like that here and find it a scary prospect. Peace! xo

Karen said...

Amen to the gun comment, and look at that beautiful boy!

Eva said...

We learnt our lesson. Germans were 4GNS twice in the 20th century, and the whole Europe and beyond payed the price.

Anonymous said...

I'm learning something here. There must be an association between love of beautiful, colorful fiber and dislike of guns. I, too, think guns serve no purpose in civilian life except to raise the probability of tragic personal injury. And, I too read Judy's beauriful blog.