When I posted results from yesterday's dye session, I was truly wearing my heart on my sleeve. I feel that honesty is indeed the best policy, and that since life isn't always rosy, I'd post how poorly my day of dyeing had turned out. The best part of all of that is that today I get to show you how things should have been, and now are! I adjusted both the time my silks were batching and also the consistency of my print paste, and got some nice resists! I love the above piece.....really love it!
This is a detail shot of the first piece, but the colors are not as true as in the first picture. That said, I wanted you to see how the potato dextrin resist looked close up and personal. It's really quite lovely.
This is the other piece that I shared with you in my last post:
Amazing how clearly my resisted image appears now! A year ago, I would have been so depressed over yesterday's results that I would have trashed the silks and NEVER showed them to a soul, but now I realize that with some thought and reasoning, I can get over and around those little bumps in the road!
Thanks for all of your wonderfully supportive comments yesterday! Funny that a less than positive blog post would elicit 8 comments. What a community we have! May your Dye Gods always be gracious, but if they're not, may you have such a loving and supportive community and the wisdom to persevere!