Saturday, March 26, 2011

City Life

Today was one of those days I will hold dear in my memory for many years!  We had our usual scrumptious Midtown breakfast at Bakeshop, and then enjoyed a beautiful walk through our neighborhood with Barker.  Spring has sprung here in the city - even moreso than at home.  Sorry, I took no pictures, but trust me: the dogwoods, both red and white, are in full bloom as are the iris, Carolina Jasmine and azaleas.  There is so much color and sweet perfume that it is almost dizzying!  We had a light lunch at Ted's Montana Grill in downtown and then thoroughly enjoyed "Travelin' Black" at Theatrical Outfit.   If you live in or around Atlanta, I highly recommend it!
Our day was capped off with a very sweet visit from my Charlie and his Mom and Dad!




I find it difficult to believe that he will be four months old tomorrow!  So very sweet!....but of course even I recognize that I'm terribly biased!!!  I even had him laughing his cute little chuckle: what a treat for an old grandma!




We had a rather loud and nasty thunderstorm during their visit, but it didn't last long and Charlie, unlike his Uncle Barker, didn't seem to mind it a bit!  In fact, he loved watching the color radar on our tv.  


Out came the sun and dried up all the rain:

























Hope you too are enjoying a lovely weekend!


PEACE

7 comments:

Karen said...

Look at all the blond hair on his head, so cute!

Teodo said...

How lovely is your little Charlie dear"nonna"(grandmother).
ciao ciao

Jeannie said...

Adorable!

Rayna said...

This is one gorgeous kid! Looks like he has a lovely disposition, too.

Carol said...

Beautiful boy! Such a sweet little grin, no wonder you adore him. Poor Uncle Barker, thunderstorms are no joke for a big gentle boy. oxo

Karoda said...

I don't know who said it, but "if I had known grandchildren were this much fun I would have had them first". Continued blessed days ahead! Oh, and did you hear the public radio piece about how the census changed to force a racial category for Hispanics? The description of the play reminded me.

Margarita Korioth said...

Cute grandchild and lucky that he lives close!!