Friday, June 10, 2011

Finally!


I dyed the silk crepe de chine for this top two years ago, using the deconstructed screen printing technique that I had learned from Kerr Grabowski at the Surface Design Association seminar in Kansas City.  (Coincidentally, the SDA conference just began yesterday, being held this year in Minneapolis St. Paul.)  I love the technique, mainly because the results are almost always so gorgeous and serendipitous.  Somehow a hole appeared right smack dab in the middle of the yardage, and I was so disappointed.  I had the fabric with me at another class, where my friend Mandi admired it and asked what I was planning to do with it.  "No idea", I replied.  She said she knew of a pattern that she thought would work, and when she got home she emailed me the number.  That was almost a year ago!  The pattern was out of print, but I was able to find it online.  (Don't you just love the internet!)  Last week I cut out the pieces, and yesterday I began sewing.  It was an easy pattern, and worked up quickly.   The neckline is really lovely and I know I'm going to enjoy wearing this new top.  Thanks Mandi!!




Have a great weekend!


PEACE

9 comments:

Connie Rose said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Judy! Way to go!

Jeannie said...

Judy, the blouse is gorgeous. I love the neckline and the fabric is to dye for! Have a wonderful weekend.

Beverly said...

What they said!

Gerrie said...

Gorgeous! I love the pattern and the fabric is just fabulous.

Eva said...

The wearer lost her head. No wonder. Such an awesome piece!

Vicki W said...

That's a beautiful blouse!

Quilt or Dye said...

I definitely think the material and the pattern complement each other! Well done!

Diana Angus said...

OOooh, I wish I was skinny! I would ask to borrow that beautiful blouse.

TextileTraveler said...

This is just STUNNING! You really need to sell those for $$$hundreds in a boutique somewhere!