Saturday, September 17, 2011

Monoprints



I've been having a great time playing around with my new Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate.  It arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon and I couldn't wait to unpack it  and try printing some leaves that I picked up along Peachtree St. while walking Barker this morning.  I think what I like most about the plate is the spontaneity factor: it's ready when you are!  No mixing ahead of time and no refrigeration necessary - just take it out of the package and start printing!   Since we're here at the condo for a few days, it's nice to have something portable to satisfy my need for art.  Knowing that the plate would be here when we arrived, I threw a few tubes of acrylic paint in my bag before we left home.  These were cheapies, so now I can't wait to get home and try some nicer hues.




Thanks to Jane LaFazio for introducing me to this fabulous product.  I was so bummed out when I didn't win the free gel printing plate on her giveaway that I had to go out and buy my own!  Now that's serious!! 



Hope you're having a nice weekend.  We had the pleasure of a few hours with Charlie this afternoon while his parents walked over to Tech to cheer the Jackets on to their third straight victory.   It's a beautiful day in the city, and we  took Charlie and Barker out for a stroll through the neighborhood.  Some of life's small pleasures....that mean so very, very much!


PEACE

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

I cannot get over the veining detail you got with the Gelli Plates! Wow! I see some shopping in my future. Thanks for sharing!

diane said...

Oh, I heard about the Gelli plates and I decided that I didn't need yet another tool. Think I'm reconsidering now -- these results are fantastic and I'm with you, the jello business was a little too unpredictable and messy. As if the rest of the things I do aren't messy. Thanks for testing and sharing!

xo

Linda’s Textiles said...

I've seen these on websites - thought they looked like fun & they obviously are! love your silks too.

Caroline D. said...

These prints are absolutely wonderful! Colors are so vibrant!