Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Step by Step


I added a bit of paper lamination 
to the piece I showed you yesterday.
(It's the darker image above and to the left of the two white globes.)
I love the way it adds another suggestion
of an image and a variation in value.
So, this process may be a player in my new piece.

We finally went to see The Descendants tonight!
It has been on our list for a long time,
and believe it or not,
it is actually playing here in our little town!
The subject matter was very thought-provoking,
the acting was good
(Clooney is always nice to watch),
the photography was fabulous,
the textiles were well represented (I love Hawaiian quilts and fabrics),
and like my friend Gerrie, I cried - a lot.

It's been an emotional day:
our daughter called this evening while we were out to dinner with friends:
she, our son-in-law, and Charlie are flying to San Antonio
for our Mastery 2010 show opening!
I really cannot believe it!
After my class concludes, we are all driving to Houston 
for a little family reunion.
Charlie will finally get to meet his Great Aunts and Uncles...
plus a bunch of cousins.
We are staying at a cute little B&B in the museum district,
so we can walk to just about everything.
I'm really excited about visiting the Rothko Chapel.

peace



5 comments:

Jeannie said...

That is so fantastic that the family will be there to see your show and to visit family. Like what I see going on one your new piece. I didn't think I would like the paper lamination, but I was wrong! It really adds interest. Have a good rest of the week!

Gerrie said...

I want to come for the opening - I didn't get my invitation, however!! LOL How wonderful that your family is joining you for this wonderful event.

Eva Hagbjärn said...

Good luck with the event and I hope you all will have a wonderful time at the family reunion.

KRAM Eva

komodori said...

When I went to the Rothko Chapel I felt like I could sit there all day. But I recently read the painting are fading and need restoring. Please let me know. I am so delighted for your Texas family celebration!

Jane LaFazio said...

I'm loving this piece.