Thursday, February 09, 2012

Process


I'm fine tuning a few pieces in my series:
trying to figure out what the most elegant choices are,
how to proceed with colors,
and
                                     trying to decide when to stop;
when enough is enough!

The above is a detail shot of a piece of paper lamination on silk crepe de chine
that I have been experimenting with.
I showed you part of it here,
and today I added the solid ring on the left.
I used a wax crayon to color a portion of the newspaper I was laminating,
and I used a colored pencil on the rest of the paper.
If you look carefully, you can see a hint of red in the center of the circle -
that is the wax which remained in the silk!
Below that line is where I used the colored pencil -
no reddish shadow!
So, I learned not to use wax crayons to color my newsprint!
I do love how the red shows through in the cracks 
on the previously laminated portion.

Here's a shot of my practice piece:

I love how the red ring comes and goes throughout the piece.
The grayish portion of the ring on the left was
not colored, just plain newsprint.

I love this process!

peace





4 comments:

Eva Hagbjärn said...

This is colors that I like :)

KRAM

Jeannie said...

Judy, I just love this. Interesting about the crayon, but then when I thought about it, it made sense. I am surprised that there was no was in the colored pencil. I am now a definate fan of the paper lamination! I love how the text is there, but doesn't slap you upside the head. Gorgeous work, Judy. (Sending pats on the back!)

Ineke said...

I love that red "shadow".
http://ineke-rens.blogspot.com

Eva said...

Very subtle and elegant. Love it!