Monday, July 30, 2012

Pricing.....


This is the first silk scarf that I have rusted in a while.
Actually, I used to do a lot of rusting,
but I guess now I'm rusty,
so to speak!

The silk is that deliciously soft 5mm Habotai.
I love the feel of it - 
and the design isn't too shabby either.
I was lucky.

My question,
for those of you who sell your dyed goods,
do I ask a comparable price
for a rusted piece
as for a hand-dyed piece?
I honestly do not know.

Even if you do not dye and sell silks.
I hope you will offer an opinion,
as a consumer.
I would really appreciate it.

thanks
and
peace!



3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous! When I think of consumers in a gallery or art show, I think of my non-creating friends and family. They are focused on what jumps out at them. A few might be curious, but wouldn't know the difference in labor or technique. I'd price it the same. It is beautiful, Judy.

imquilternity said...

I would price it the same as your dyed items also as I think it's even more difficult to get a wonderful "rusty" design.

Carol said...

Truly beautiful, Judy, ask the same price.