Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Shadows


It rained last night,
as a cold front began to march its way across the state.
It was cloudy when we first awoke this morning,
but then the sun came out,
and provided us with some great shadows.
I love the one above -
it looks like the fern and leaf are painted on the rock -
and the fern is even echoed on the log.


As we walked along Arthur's Way,
a neat little path through camp
named after Arthur Howe,
I couldn't help but snap more and more pictures of the shadows.





We came upon a tiny newt:


his other side 
(I apologize for the blur, but I wanted you to see his red spots):


You can read more about him here.

Charlie and I have been collecting mussel shells
when we wade in the lake.
Here is one of our smaller collections:


I decided they would be my sketchbook entry for today.



peace






4 comments:

Beverly said...

Seems like you are having a wonderful time with your family- and the good fortune to be out of the path of Isaac, I'm hoping! Enjoy, and safe travels back to Georgia--

Terriea Kwong said...

Nature in her beauty all the year with your captures. The mushrooms in last post were gorgeous.
Enjoy good days.

Jane LaFazio said...

lovely sketchbook page!!

Jeannie said...

As Jane said, beautiful sketchbook page. I think you can use the shells to dye blue.(wink, wink) That rock is magical! I love that photo. Enjoy your day!