Curiosity may have killed the cat,
but my curiosity produced some great results -
and it was painless!
Above are my results from reapplying sugar syrup resist on my first piece
and then overdyeing it.
Just as the first time around, I dropped the syrup
from a medicine dropper.
I let the syrup dry overnight, and then I spread thickened dye,
using a sponge roller.
The piece batched for about four hours.
I over-resisted and overdyed all of the pieces pictured in the earlier post,
using the same resist method,
and thickened dyes.
So here they are:
This (above) is the stamped silk,
using my funky homemade stamp
that I showed you the other day.
This is a swirly resist.
And this is the dragonfly piece.
I like that some of the dragonflies have a bit of an edge to them.
a detail shot:
I'm really glad that I took the time to apply the second layers,
both syrup and dye.
I also wondered how the unpure dyes
would react with the sugar syrup resist.
Sometimes their splits are stunning...
and again, I wasn't disappointed!
This is the result of my first photo shown in yesterday's post.
I used Dharma's Better Black.
In all of these photos,
the silk on the left side of the photo was dry when the
sugar syrup drops were applied.
I sprayed a Urea water solution on the right side,
which kept the silk moist longer,
allowing the resist lines to give way a bit more.
This is Pro Chem's Nickel.
I love that dye on silk,
and I love how the colors separated out:
Below is Pro Chem's Hot Chocolate.
Again, yummy in it's separation!
And this is Pro Chem's Celery:
I love how the dye separated out on the Urea water side of the silk:
Well, that's more than enough posting for one day!
Don't forget to leave a comment here
in order to be eligible for the drawing for
Lisa Kerpoe's fabulous book,
Visual Texture on Fabric.
(Lisa has been kind enough to donate this book!
and she will also sign it!
Thanks for dropping by and
leaving a comment.
Comments are hugely important to me!